12 checks to make before you take a road trip
this summer from Phoenix, AZ
- Check your tires for wear and that they have the proper air pressure.
- Check for vibrations in the wheels to determine if they need to be balanced or aligned.
- Have an oil change and make sure all fluids are topped off. If you have over 75,000 miles on the car consider a high milieage formulation to clear sludge.
- Check the PCV valve.
- Replace air filter if needed.
- Check transmission.
- Check brakes.
- Check the windshield wiper blades. They dry out in Phoenix and often neglect them until rains.
- Check the windshield wiper fluid. Keeps the windshield from bug attacks.
- Check hoses and belts for cracking. The dry-hot air in Phoenix, Arizona causes cracking and splitting to rubber and plastics.
- Check the coolant system.
- Check Owner’s manual to see if your vehicle is due for a preventive maintenance.
Bring your vehicle in to us at Garnard’s Hi-Tech Car Care. We will make sure your car is ready to take that long trip to get you there and back.
Submit your review
This was a handy little list before I just went on my trip to Flagstaff. Thank you!