Watch as our very own Justin Armstrong talks to NBC12.com’s Monique Griego about how heat and your car battery do not mix.
Heat can decrease the lifespan of your battery significantly. The 100-115 degree temperatures in Phoenix can often times take a batteries life in as little as 1 year! Getting stranded during the heat of a Phoenix summer is not fun and often happens at the worst times possible.
What Car Battery Issue to Look For
Next time your driving, look for small triggers like these:
- Do your headlights appear dimmer?
- Is there reduced airflow when you turn on your vent?
- Is your radio volume working correctly?
- Do your power windows sluggishly open and close?
- If you have something plugged into the cigarette lighter, is that getting less juice from the car?