One of the best and most convenient ways to maintain your vehicle is to find a good mechanic shop near you. Choosing a quality shop that’s close by will make it easier to schedule repairs and reduce the costs of towing. It’s important to use someone you trust, like a certified mechanic. Here are a few tips and important things to consider when it comes to finding a mechanic shop you can trust.
Start the Research Process
- Contact family members, friends and other people you trust and ask for recommendations.
- Are they a AAA Top Shop? Only a small percentage of mechanic shops meet AAA’s standards (More on this below).
- Find out if they honor your vehicle’s warranty and if they have their own warranty programs.
- Read their Yelp and/or Google reviews and check their Facebook Business page for reviews.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau, your local consumer protection agency, and/or the state Attorney General’s office for records of complaints.
- Make sure their technicians are ASE certified. This is extremely important because the designation better ensures the competence of the mechanics who will be working on your vehicle.
Why is it So Important to Use a AAA Top shop?
AAA has a very long history and a great reputation, so earning a AAA Top Shop (meaning they are an approved auto repair shop) association says a lot about the reputation of the mechanic shop. Only a small percentage of shops meet AAA’s standards which include the organization’s looking at the following.
- Makes sure that the shop carries the appropriate liability insurance.
- Assesses the overall condition of the shop and representatives make sure that the necessary, up to date equipment is present.
- Interviews the employees and confirms that there are Master technicians on-site (experts who are certified in all areas of the ASE Certification scope).
- Performs assessments to ensure that the business is ethical, credible and trustworthy, including surveying the shop and polling customers to determine their level of satisfaction
- Continues to check that the shop upholds an exemplary business reputation.
Common Repair Service
Oil changes, replacing wiper blades, air filters, new tires and rotation, brake work, battery replacement, coolant system checks and coolant refills, tune ups and scheduled maintenance inspections are some of the most common repair and maintenance services. Like anything, your vehicle needs regularly schedule maintenance if you want it to run efficiently. Regular maintenance like oil and filter changes will help keep your engine running at its full potential and keep all other systems working efficiently as well.
If you’re looking for foreign auto repair in Chandler, Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, or Tempe, our certified mechanics are ready to serve you. Give us a call today.