Everyone needs a good mechanic, especially when it comes to European auto repair. Successful European (and other imports) auto repair requires experts that are masters of their craft. Here are a few things to consider when it comes to finding reliable European auto repair services in Phoenix, AZ.
Common European Auto Repair Services
Replacement of Catalytic Converters
Catalytic converters typically fail because of clogging or carbon build-up that solidifies and blocks exhaust flow. Having the engine maintained regularly will help prevent catalytic converter failure.
Issues with Electrical Components
The failure of electrical components is a common issue with Audi vehicles. Electrical problems include the digital dashboard, console or display issues, erratic lights, etc.
One of the most common problems with both European and other car models are oil leaks. In an Audi, oil leaks can result from the camshaft tensioner and valve cover gaskets. The solution to the problem is replacing one or both parts, based on which is leaking.
Exhaust Gas Re-Circulation System Problems
Wear, tear, and carbon build-up cause problems with the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR). The primary function of the EGR is to lower the temperature in the vehicle’s combustion chamber, which is why it’s so important that it functions properly.
Failure of the Ignition Coils or Spark Plugs
In an Audi, failure of the ignition coils or spark plugs (causes the engine to misfire) is a common mechanical repair problem. The problem can be addressed by installing high-quality OE spark plugs and an engine tune-up to factory specs. Other common car services with all vehicles, including European, are battery replacement, timing belt, air filter, clutch, fuel pump, oil service, wheel bearings, brakes, A/C recharge, alternator, and water pump replacement.
European Cars We Repair
Unfortunately, there are a lot of auto shops that claim they do European auto repair but don’t offer the same level of service as those that actually do. You can bet that these shops don’t have the proper equipment and training necessary to service these cars. Here’s a list of European vehicles we service.
- Audi: We repair all Audis including Audi Sedans and coupes like the Audi A3, A4, S4, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS 7, A8, S8, R8. We also repair Audi SUV’s and crossovers like the All road, Q3, Q5, Q7.”
- Mercedes Benz: We repair all Mercedes Benz including A-Class, AMG GT, C-Class, CLA, CLS, E-Class, G-Class, GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, GT Class, Maybach, Metris, S-Class, SL, SLC, and Sprinter vans.
- Smart: Smart vehicles we repair include the Pure, Passion, Prime coupes, and the Passion and Prime Cabrios.
- Saab: We repair Saab models 9-3, 9-5, 900, Saab convertible, 9-7X, 95, Saab 9-4X, 9-2X, Saab 9-X Biohybrid, Saab 9-X Air, Saab Aero-X, Saab 9-X, Saab 9-2 and 9-6X.
- Peugeot: We repair Peugeot models, including the all-new Drifter, Traveller, Traveller Business and Expert Combi 108, 208 (and the all-new 208), 2008 SUV (and the all-new 208 SUV), 308, 308 SW, 3008 SUV (and SUV GT, GT Line, GT Line Premium), the 508 SW, the all-new 508 and 508 SW, 5008 SUV (and SUV GT, GT Line and GT Line Premium).
- Fiat: We repair 500X, 500, 500e, I24 Spider, 500L, 500x Trekking and Fiat ABARTH vehicles.
- Mini Cooper: We repair Mini Cooper models that include the hardtop two-door, hardtop four-door, Countryman, Clubman, convertible, the Mini John Cooper Works.
- Volkswagon: Volkswagon models we repair include their sedans (Jetta, Jetta GLI, Passat and Arteon), SUVs (Tiguan and Atlas), wagons (Golf SportWagon, Golf Alltrack), compacts (Beetle, Golf, Golf GTI, e-Golf, Golf R) and Beetle convertibles.
- BMW:We repair BMW models that include their 3 series sports sedan, the X1, and X3 sports activity vehicles and the 5 series sedan. Other series we repair include the X1 through X7 series, 2 through 8 series, the Z4, M, i3 and i8 series.
We’re always getting certified in other European automobiles. It’s hard to keep this list updated, so call if you don’t see yours on this list.
Find a Certified European Auto Repair Mechanic
European automobiles are designed with performance and maintenance in mind, which can make them difficult to repair. To ensure you receive the best auto repair service, find a Master ASE Certified repair shop to service your European automobile. Hi-Tech Car Care is a Master ASE Certified repair shop in Phoenix that also serves the Chandler, Mesa, Scottdale, and Tempe communities.
European Auto Repair Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive
According to Forbes, European cars are expensive to repair, but that doesn’t mean you need to take your vehicle to someone who’s going to rake you across the coals. You’ll actually save money if you take your car to highly trained professionals that use the necessary state of the art equipment.
If you’re looking for foreign auto repair in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, or Mesa, our certified European auto repair technicians are ready to serve you. Give us a call today.